Re: Firefox and amd64/6.0_2014Q2, any news?

On 26 July 2014 15:18, Ottavio Caruso
<ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
> As you well know the latest Firefox binary package available for
> Netbsd amd64 is for 6.0_2014Q1. In the past I compiled FF 29 from
> pkgsrc and it worked fine. I then tried to update it to 30.2 from
> pkgsrc, the build went fine but on startup it seg faulted. At that
> moment I didn't have the 29 binary anymore (in hindsight I could have
> made a backup) so I had to downgrade everything to Q1.
>
> What are the latest news? Would it be possible to resurrect FF 29?

I find it extremely disappointing that nobody has attemped a reply to
my question. Maybe I've asked the wrong way, in which case I can
apologize. Or maybe this is the wrong list or maybe everybody is on
holiday (lucky you!).

I find it disturbing that nobody finds a problem in not having a
binary package for the main open source browser in the latest stable
version of an open source operating system.

I would like to troubleshoot why this packages segfaults, but it
doesn't leave any core files, so I wouldn't know where to start.

--
Ottavio