Re: How to remove pkgsrc orphan dependencies?

On 20 June 2014 17:38, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
> I really don't understand where your concern is coming from.

Primarily my question was born out of curiosity, to discover if there
was a native way to delete orphaned packages. As I understand only
pkgin does this directly.

However, as other tools have been pointed out (pkg_leaves for example
and your script), they produce a different result from pkgin. The
latter offers in my case 103 packages to delete, while pkg_leaves
points to 46.

It's not that I have a problem with that. I was just curious to
understand why pkgin sees more orphans than otherwise.

--
Ottavio