Re: How to remove pkgsrc orphan dependencies?

On 20 June 2014 03:40, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
> So what are you trying to do?  If those 46 packages are not of interest,
> remove them.

I would like to understand if those packages are really orphan or just
a result of my deliberate mix and match of precompiled and compiled
binaries. For example I have, among other dependencies marked as
'orphans':

autoconf213-2.13nb3
gmake-4.0
libtool-base-2.4.2nb6
pkg-config-0.28
zip-3.0nb2
py27-sqlite2-2.6.3nb7
x11-links-0.89
autoconf-2.69nb4
hal-0.5.14nb12
cmake-2.8.12.2nb3

I could possibly mark cmake, gmake, autoconf, pkg-config, zip and
x11-links as keepable, but why do I have to versions of autoconf, when
I used -current only once and never updated it?

It's also suspicious that I have hal in that list.

I'd have to wait until the next stable and see what happens.

It would be nice if your script was included by default in pkgin, that
would make integration between the two tools more productive. Unless
there are other technical reasons why that shouldn't happen in the
first place.

--
Ottavio