Re: patch to get SDL to build under Mac OS X Mavericks

Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> On 14/04/14 16:16, Greg Troxel wrote:
>>   +#if (MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED < 1070)
>>
>> two questions and a comment:
>>
>>   Are you sure that still builds on non-Mac (given the lack of
>>   "defined() &&") ?
>
>    I assumed quartz was Mac only, and will be for the foreseeable future
> (then again, that's what I thought about .Net/Windows just before I
> first read about Mono..).

Thanks - where I was coming from was reading your patch and thinking "Do
I feel comfortable just committing it?" and the context was not clear.

>>   Did you file this upstream?
>
>    No -- there's a patch floating around an upstream forum which does
> exactly the same.  (In fact, my first patch was more heavy-handed; that
> forum patch is where I got the exact version number from).
>
>    Though perhaps I assumed too much again; upstream forum != upstream
> bug tracker.  I'll check if it has been filed properly, and if not, I'll
> do it.

Thanks.  It's good to keep the amount of required patches in pkgsrc down
as low as possible, since they often require thinking about on updates.