Re: pkgsrc-2013Q2 randomly not creating packages for me. What can be wrong?

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 20:17:59 +0900, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>
wrote:

"OBATA Akio" <obache%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

Please describe use cases of binary packages in ${PACKAGES} after
installation, for over 50% users and not rare case.

`make package' and a binary package will be created in ${PACKAGES}.
It is not changed.

My point  is that changing replace introduced a regression, and
dicussion/review should have (sorry if I missed it) led to creating
replace-package at the same time.

Should I explain it again?

"binary package in ${PACKAGES} will be overwritten unconditionally"
is the regression introduced at changed to USE_DESTDIR=yes by default.
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2011/04/21/msg007034.html

I proposed the fix with patches at the time, and no objection.
But at the same time, Google Summer of Code 2011
  Add support for FreeBSD package format, RPM and Debian packages
  (if time allows) to pkgsrc
is going on (touching same area), so I was waiting and waiting for
the merge of the work, ping and ping the status of the work,
then gave up and committed.

Your pkgtools/pkg_rolling-relace performs `make package' after
`make replace', it means you know `make package' is required
to create binary package even with `make replace'.

USE_DESTDIR=Yes is not a way to create binary package.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost