Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/x11/xorg-cf-files

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 07:04:00PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
 > * After you switched to use tradcpp unconditionally for imake,
 >   it may help for your build with clang, but broke not negligible
 >   other platforms, not broken previously.
 >
 > * No matter how you said, 'This is right', 'That is wrong',
 >   you cannot control that someone (did/will do) as you like.

We are trying to deal with a difficult and cantankerous piece of
software that regularly breaks if you look at it crosswise; namely,
imake. I was surprised when Joerg decided to apply tradcpp in all
cases (rather than just for clang) but I understand his reasoning and
even in part agree with it.

However, I don't understand your reasoning at all -- you complained
that it was broken and then refused to provide any further
information, instead spending a lot of time writing more complaint
emails and ultimately forcing me to ask other people to try to figure
out what you might have been seeing. Joern seems to have decided to
take the same tack today. I don't understand what this is supposed to
accomplish.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost