Re: pkgsrc-2013Q2 randomly not creating packages for me. What can be wrong?

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 11:27:02 +0000
Dominik Bialy <dmb%yenn.ulegend.net@localhost> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 10:03:09 +0200, Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost>
> wrote:
> > How exactly do you "rebuild all packages"?
> >
> #! /bin/sh
> rm -Rf /p/obj/pkgsrc/* && \

I assume that you have "WRKOBJDIR = /p/obj/pkgsrc" mk.conf.

> pkg_delete -rff '*' && \

Or just do "rm -Rf /usr/pkg/" followed by "rm -Rf /var/db/pkg*".

> rm -f /p/packages/*/*gz && \

Cleaner is "rm -Rf /p/packages/*".

> cd /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install && make update && \
> cd ../../pkgtools/pkg_chk && make update && \

Just make install given the above but see below.

> cd /usr/pkgsrc/ && pkg_chk -ask && \

I assume that you have already built pkgchk.conf.

> SF='/pkg_comp/packages/All/pkg_summary' && \
> pkg_info -X -a > $SF && \
> gzip -f $SF
>
> > If a package is randomly not rebuilt, is it not rebuilt at all, or
> > is there no binary package, or is there not even a try of building
> > it?
>
> There's no binary package in the ``All'' subdirectory,
> but there's symlink in category subdirectory, i.e.
> there is packages/chat/irssi*.tgz, but there's no
> packages All/irssi*.tgz

I find that some packages build binary packages and some don't.  The
fact that none of them are built for you may be a pkgchk issue.  I
don't use it.  I manually figure out which packages to build and run
"make package install" in each directory.  There may be a flag that
forces the package to be built every time but I haven't found it yet.

> Packages are yet installed.

Parse error.  Do you mean "Yet, packages are installed" or that they
are not installed as in "yet to be..."?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost