Libdrm build fails with undefined reference to gzopen64

Hi,

Trying to build modular-xorg-server on 32-bit CentOS 6, using distro
gcc and zlib.

Libdrm build fails at linking test_decode, with the error:

/opt/pkgsrc/x11/libdrm/work/.buildlink/lib/libpciaccess.so: undefined
reference to 'gzopen64'

Google indicates this might be down to the distro zlib being build
against gzopen64, and true enough an objdump of the distro zlib.so
supports this.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas here.  What are my options?

Could I tell the process to use pkgsrc libz instead?

S.

--
Stephen Nelson-Smith
Technical Director