Re: pbulk disk space recommendations

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 05:11:02PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> I am about to try out pbulk, and was wondering if you had any partition
> size suggestions?
>
> WRKOBJDIR     /usr/obj   local, rw   5GB, size for building a single package?

Yes, the biggest issue here is OOo and friends.

> DISTDIR       /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles  nfs export, 10GB

This might be a bit tight nowadays. 20GB is more realistic, especially
if running for a while.

> PACKAGES      /usr/pkgsrc/packages   nfs export, 10GB per arch? How does
>                                      one get the OPSYS/ARCH/VERSIONS bit
>                                      between packages/ and /All ?

Similar, 10GB is a bit tight too. The AMD64 build for NetBSD is
currently 13GB. Just set it appropiately.

> LOCALBASE     /usr/pkg_bulk          5GB, a sort of DESTDIR? Should I have
>                                      a /usr/pkg_bulk/${MACHINE} there?

This is just pbulk and dependencies. 100MB or so is enough.

Joerg