Re: Xfce 4.8

On 06/28/2011 02:41 PM, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 12:27:49PM +0000, Guillaume Lasmayous wrote:
What packages are there to follow? xfwm and the xfce4 gui libraries
stuff
sound like the 1st candidates to follow really :)

According to http://www.xfce.org/download/building, the next packages
build are xfce4-{settings, session} and then xfwm4.
That's the order I followed to perform the update.
----
xfce4-dev-tools (only required if you build from GIT)
libxfce4util
xfconf
libxfce4ui (new in 4.8), libxfcegui4 (deprecated since 4.8), libxfce4menu
(deprecated since 4.8), garcon (new in 4.8) & exo
xfce4-panel
thunar
----

Can i conclude from your statement that you've already done all upto thunar?
Thats a big chunck already!

Exactly.

So `left to do' are xfce4-settings, xfce4-session, xfdesktop, xfwm4,
xfce-utils, xfce4-appfinder, ...

That's it.

Have you analysed what additional packages would need updating for their
dependencies? Is dbus-glib already up-to-standard? What package do they want
for that `perl-xml-parser' and have we already imported? etc...

So far so good, as far as I can tell. I had to create a package for garcon, but that's all.

With regards,
Reinoud