Re: Xfce 4.8

On 06/28/2011 11:32 AM, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
Hi Guillaume,

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 07:16:23AM +0000, Guillaume Lasmayous wrote:
I'd be more than happy to work with you on maintaining Xfce up to date
in pkgsrc.
Sounds like a good plan!

Deal! :)

I've started work to update Xfce to 4.8.
I have a set of patches ready for review, I'll send them to you tonight
- I don't
have access to my dev machine from $WORK.
So far, I've updated all dependencies for Thunar to their latest
versions, as well
as Thunar itself. Still work to do to update xfwm, xfce4-session.... .
Have you access to pkgsrc-wip? We might start importing there; its easier
sharing patches that way :)

I do have access to both pkgsrc and pkgsrc-wip repos.
I'll commit my patches to wip some time this week.

What packages are there to follow? xfwm and the xfce4 gui libraries stuff
sound like the 1st candidates to follow really :)

According to http://www.xfce.org/download/building, the next packages to
build are xfce4-{settings, session} and then xfwm4.
That's the order I followed to perform the update.

Guillaume.