Re: KDE4 woes with recent current

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 1:41 AM, Antti Kantee <pooka%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:
> On Wed Mar 23 2011 at 22:42:47 +0000, Julio Merino wrote:
>> > I've seen this problem too for the last few days.  It's not
>> > sluggishness: it's the complete inability for KDE to start whatsoever.
>> >
>> > I have the vague impression that this
>> > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2011/03/23/msg010153.html is
>> > related.  I gotta try a patch, but that'll have to wait until later
>> > today.
>>
>> That is actually related.  A preliminary fix that pooka@ send me fixed
>> the issues for KDE.
>
> You're welcome.
>
> Then again, I'm not sure why it was my responsibility to debug the
> problem.

Sorry if I implied that.  I just thought that this was a rump problem
because of what the stack traces I got in the stuck tests showed.  The
fact that this was also affecting KDE didn't come to my mind until
later.  (If I could have related the two issues from the beginning,
I'd have ruled out rump and reported the problem elsewhere.)

Thanks again for fixing it regardless!

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv