KDE4 woes with recent current

Hi,

After upgrading to NetBSD-current (amd64) as of yesterday, my KDE4 desktop no longer works properly. After booting the new kernel everything appeared normal but after upgrading userland, the trouble started.

At start, KDE will sit at the splash screen for minutes before, sometimes, proceeding. Many applications fail to start and, if they do, they respond very sluggishly. It appears that the dbus communication might be failing. For instance, while sitting on the flash page I see a steady steam of

> kded(5742): Communication problem with "kded" , it probably crashed.

> Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." "

> kded(21519): "KLauncher could not be reached via D-Bus. Error when calling kdeinit_exec_wait:

> The name org.kde.klauncher was not provided by any .service files

> "

> QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method KUniqueApplication::loadCommandLineOptionsForNewInstance()

> Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)

> KDE Daemon (kded) already running.

> kded(15110): Communication problem with "kded" , it probably crashed.

> Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." "

as well as other, similar messages in the X output.

My previous working system was from early March.

Is anyone else seeing this? A rebuild of all packages did not help. I also ran the unit tests that come with sysutils/dbus. They do show a failure but I'm not sure that it's relevant to what I'm seeing.

Regards,

Sverre