Re: About flex

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 12:30:37 +0900, Rui-Xiang Guo <rxg%lavabit.com@localhost>
wrote:

On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 10:16:08AM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 23:50:50 +0900, Rui-Xiang Guo <rxg%lavabit.com@localhost>
wrote:

>We have had the flex inside the tools, but even I use flex:pkgsrc in USE_TOOLS,
>it still link to the system's flex(/usr/bin/flex) because the
>TOOLS_PLATFORM.flex has been defined.

flex:pkgsrc does not mean using flex from pkgsrc, but just pkgsrc itself using
flex.
The knob is _TOOLS_USE_PKGSRC.flex=yes, enabled if TOOLS_PLATFORM.flex is empty.

Maybe I misunderstand. I see such description in the doc/pkgsrc.txt -
[...]
18.2. Tools needed by packages

In the following examples, the :pkgsrc means to use the pkgsrc version and not
the native version for a build dependency. And the :run means that it is used
[...]

I feel that it's a document fault.
from commit log:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/2005/07/16/0016.html