Re: pkgsrc circular dependancy

>  Hi, I'm trying to use pkgsrc-current on solaris 10. I built and
> installed pkgsrc bootstrap utilities and noticed that things like tar
> and ftp were not built... Anyway, trying to build a package results in
> the following:

> pkgsrc tries to build net/tnftp
> this needs ncurses
> ncurses need net/tnftp
> ... and pkgsrc locks up here

> Any comments/ideas??

Some time ago I saw the same problem under Interix.

http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=39531

I asked developers to switch off curses at all for net/tnftp (those who
use tnftp for interactive downloading may install manually another
package, say, net/tnftp-curses).

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.