Re: Problems with shared libraries on linux amd64

If you're referring to this: http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2009/04/16/msg009672.html

...then I should point out that in order for me to get it to work, I had to build pkgsrc's python25 on a system *without* a native python25 and create a binary package first. *Then* I was able to install the binary package on a system with a native python.

So, try building net/tcptraceroute on a system without traceroute first.

Wes

Alexey Lebedev wrote:
Hello!

I'm using pkgsrc on ubuntu linux (amd64).

I built net/tcptraceroute with no problem but when I start it it complains:

tcptraceroute: error while loading shared libraries: libnet.so.1:

I believe that it's because of conflict of the native ubuntu's libnet
and the pkgsrc's one. The similar problem was already described not so
long ago (but I couldn't find the message) in this maillist. But it
was related to python installation problem.

Anyway, the problem was solved and I even used the patch which fixes
BUILDLINK_LDFLAGS in pkgsrc/mk/buildlink3/bsd.buildlink3.mk to build
and install python correctly on my ubuntu.

But this didn't solve the problem with tcptraceroute.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Alexey Lebedev.