Re: problem installing python25 on Debian lenny

Russell McManus wrote:
Wesley Chow <> writes:

On Apr 14, 2009, at 10:23 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:19:43AM -0400, Wesley Chow wrote:
On Apr 14, 2009, at 4:58 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 05:46:56PM -0400, Wesley Chow wrote:
Ah, you're right, ldd is showing that python2.5 has a dependency
on, and it appears that it's getting picked up
in /
usr/lib64, which is where the native system has its python shared
object. It appears that manually building form the Python source
produces a statically linked exec, so that's why that method
Can you run "objdump -p python2.5"? What is the rpath it is

Is there any way to swap those?

Might be of interest.

Tried it out, and it does fix the rpath in objdump. Though, I'm still getting an error when running "bmake install" on a system with an existing python2.5. If I create a binary package on a system without python, then install that on a system with python, it seems to behave as expected.