Re: xfce 4.6.0?

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 00:12:33 +0200
Aleksey Cheusov <vle%gmx.net@localhost> wrote:

> One important category of more powerful/modern window managers are
> programmable ones that allow to do everything with a help of external
> programs or internal scripting language.  I think one of the best in
> this category is wm/wmii.

I was thinking about mentioning wmii. What makes it interesting to me
to me isn't that it allows you to do lots of stuff via external
programs - wmii is actually pretty wimpy compared to things like gwm
and plpwm - but that it's in the class of window managers that
actually manage windows, instead of forcing the user to do so. If you
hate resizing and moving windows in order to see what you're doing,
you should take a look at wmii & such.

       <mike
--
Mike Meyer <mwm%mired.org@localhost>