Re: xfce 4.6.0?

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Anyone working on xfce 4.6.0 for pkgsrc?
>
> http://www.xfce.org/documentation/changelogs/4.6.0
>
> http://www.xfce.org/about/tour

I didn't hear back yet, so I have started.

Looks like xfce4-mcs-manager and xfce4-mcs-plugins are not used anymore. I
created new package: xfconf (which replaces xfce4-mcs-manager backend).
Need to create xfce4-settings (to replace xfce-mcs-manager frontend).

I also updated, but not completed:

libxfce4util-4.6.0  Xfce basic library
libxfce4gui-4.6.0   Xfce widget library
xfce4-wm-4.6.0   Xfce window manager
xfce4-exo-0.3.100   Xfce extension library
  exo patches applied -- need to push upstream
xfce4-panel-4.6.0 Xfce panel
xfce4-orage-4.6.0   Xfce time managing application
xfce4-mixer-4.6.0   Xfce mixer plugin
  The mixer now uses GStreamer but fails to start up using defaults.

thunar failing to link, reported upstream.

Who is using xfce4 who can help test and/or update packages? Please let me
know.

(This desktop environment is getting huge. What lightweight but modern
looking window manager/desktop environment do you prefer? I use jwm.)