Re: xfce 4.6.0?

> (This desktop environment is getting huge. What lightweight but modern
> looking window manager/desktop environment do you prefer? I use jwm.)
I personally use veeeeeery old wm/ctwm for many years and I'm quite
happy with it because it is fast and absolutely stable :-)
http://www.mova.org/~cheusov/pub/screenshort/ctwm.png

One important category of more powerful/modern window managers are
programmable ones that allow to do everything with a help of external
programs or internal scripting language.  I think one of the best in
this category is wm/wmii.  In my view, conceptually it is very
interesting. It is also very small and easy.  I'm just too lazy to
switch to it :-).  There are others: sawfish, scwm (dead for years),
ion3 etc.  wm/fvwm seems programmable too but it is too big and too
complex IMHO.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.