Re: Heads up (Was Package binaries for Solaris)

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008, Jörn Clausen wrote:

> I wonder if there is some way to really test such bulk builds. When I
> started with pkgsrc on Solaris, I realized only after some time, that
> the libcrypto was bogus, and that several applications weren't
> working. If I remember correctly, sometimes they crashed immediately,
> sometimes only when they actually used cryptographic functions.

I don't know of ready way to test the resulting packages, but you can do
the "make test" to test the packages that have a TEST_TARGET. I don't know
how useful that is on pkgsrc or pkgsrc on Solaris, but hopefully should be
better than nothing. Will someone give it a try and report back?