Re: problems building kde3

> On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:32:16 +0900
> Thanks.  If I read the Makefile correctly for audio/arts, I really need
> to enable one (or more) of the sound daemons.  Can I pick more than
> one?

yes.

> What happens if I pick none?

should be fine.

> Should the kde3 metapackage verify
> that one or more is selected?  If not, there are mysterious build
> failures several hours into the kde build, which is not user-friendly.

I think your problem, is caused by having an arts package that predated
this change so the logic in the arts/buildlink3.mk for working out which
buildlinks to include hadn't worked out the esound one.  Just reinstalling
the arts package should fix that (and will default to esound built as
before).

cheers
mark