Re: problems building kde3

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:13:27 +0900, Steven M. Bellovin
<smb%cs.columbia.edu@localhost> wrote:

> I'm trying to build kde (i386, -current, pkgsrc HEAD).  Many of its
> components are failing because they can't find -lesd.  I can fix it by
> adding a buildlink3 file for audio/esound, but I have to add it to a
> number of different Makefiles.  Should I add it to all of them?  Add it
> to meta-pkgs/kde3/kde3.mk?  (Disclaimer: there may be some dependent
> packages already built; however, I started the build with no packages
> named kde*3 on system, and with no work directories and up-to-date
> pkgsrc.)
>

>               --Steve Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/2008/01/21/0000.html

The package audio/arts should be bump PKGREVISION
and include esound/buildlink3.mk more conditionally.
See also graphics/imlib2/buildlink3.mk.
XXX: This kind of issue should be noted somewhere.

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost