Re: ssh x-forwarding doesn't work with the current X setup in pkgsrc

htodd%twofifty.com@localhost (Hisashi T Fujinaka) writes:

>On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Matthias Scheler wrote:

>> I'm sorry I don't think there is any reason to send a PR. sshd(8) in
>> NetBSD's base system looks for "xauth" in "/usr/X11R6/bin/xauth"
>> which is where that command is located in the NetBSD X11 distribution.
>> There is IMHO nothing wrong with that behavior.
>>
>> You have two options to fix that:
>> 1.) Correct the symbolic "/usr/X11R6".
>> 2.) Add "XAuthLocation /usr/pkg/bin/xauth" to "/etc/ssh/sshd_config"
>>    and run "/etc/rc.d/sshd reload" afterwards.

>Yes, this is true. However, this wasn't documented anywhere in current
>or release.

>I know. That's what I get for using -current, but the reason I use
>netbsd is the documentation.

I tripped over the problem too, but since I knew XAuthLocation exists I
just set the option (that's not what you get for using -current, that's
what we got for using a fairly new pkgsrc variant instead of the
'included' X :).

I'd suggest including XAuthLocation as another commented out option
in sshd_config, with a comment to twiddle it if one uses something
different than xsrc; setting links when the one program needing it
has a perfectly good config option to fix the problem seems .. unclean,
especially with a view to the future, and listing it with the other
default options may make it easier to find.

regards,
        spz
--
spz%serpens.de@localhost (S.P.Zeidler)