Re: zsh-current update long overdue

On Sep 20, 2007, at 01:38, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
Chris,

Thanks for your patch.  It seems to work with a slight fix (don't do
install -s for scripts).

Excellent. Thank you. I had been fixing that by chmod -x'ing those script files, but not using install -s would work too, as long as you don't then stop stripping other things. :-) Thanks for getting that in in the "right" way.

One point - could you explain what patch-ae tries to fix?

Sadly, no. I just modified it because it needed to be modified. The patch pre-existed, but wouldn't apply without my change. I decided against trying to figure out whether it was even needed, because I assumed someone else may've had a reason I wasn't aware of for it. I guess I found that what it was looking for may not've been in config.status anymore. I may well have been wrong. Sadly, I made this change to [one of] my local tree[s] many months ago, and don't really remember the process. :-)

Any record of who put patch-ae in there in the first place? Probably just copied from the one in shells/zsh/patches.

  Thanks!  I appreciate all of the help.

                    - Chris