Re: modular-xorg installation fails on Dragonfly 1.8.1-RELEASE with pkgsrc-2007Q1

On 5/2/07, Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.mai.sieben%kh-22.de@localhost> wrote:
Nuno Antunes wrote:

> FWIW, I had the same problem as Siju. I changed X11_TYPE to modular on
> /etc/mk.conf but still, the XKBCOMP configure error persisted (this is
> on Dragonfly). So I'm patiently following this email thread.

You may try to find where X11_TYPE gets (re-)defined by looking at the
output of

  $ bmake -dv show-var VARNAME=X11_TYPE > /tmp/x11type.log

Somewhere before the assignments to X11_TYPE you should find lines
containing "PARSEFILE =..." which give you a hint where the
assignment is done.

For me, X11_TYPE gets only defined in bsd.prefs.mk:

  Global:.PARSEDIR = ../../mk
  Global:.PARSEFILE = bsd.prefs.mk
  Applying :M to "yes"
  Result is "yes"
  Global:USE_INET6 = YES
  Applying :M to "yes"
  Result is ""
  Global:X11_TYPE = native
  Applying :M to "native"
  Result is "native"

ciao
     Klaus

When trying the suggestion from Klaus I get the following:

Global:.PARSEFILE = DragonFly.mk
Global:X11_TYPE = xorg
..
Global:.PARSEFILE = version.mk
Global:BUILTIN_X11_TYPE.xorg = xorg

So it seems that X11_TYPE is being defined in
/usr/pkgsrc/mk/platform/DragonFly.mk.
I tried modifying its value there and now I get:

class# bmake show-var VARNAME=X11_TYPE
modular

Which is correct. If I comment the assignment at DragonFly.mk I get:

class# bmake show-var VARNAME=X11_TYPE
native

...even though X11_TYPE is defined as modular at /etc/mk.conf.

Thanks,
Nuno