Re: (GNOME) Totem and "Mutlimedia Systems Selector" issues

Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> >As far as I recall, XviD is actually a superset of DivX. It's
> >all MPEG-4 anyway but DivX implements less of it.

> But... mplayer uses win32-codecs and there you have the divx binary
> plugin, isn't it?

Yes, there are those win32-codecs. That's why I said MPlayer is the
first choice for Unix systems on x86. That trick doesn't help at
all on PPC etc. However, I only have a DivX 5 encoded file here
and MPlayer uses ffmpeg (not the win32 codecs) to play it.

--
Christian