Re: GNOME screensaver hangs

On 5/27/06, Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Which OS version are you using?
>
> There used to be a bug in NetBSD's libc which made that
> programs sometimes got stuck with a signal mask of
> "all blocked". Gnome apps hit this if "fam" is used rather
> than "gamin", which is the case normally.
> It was fixed in rev. 1.14 of lib/libc/rpc/clnt_vc.c,
> on 2006/04/25 18:54:51.
> The fix was pulled to the NetBSD-3 branch, but didn't make
> it into a formal release yet.

I am using NetBSD 3.0. And yup, I am using "fam".

As long as fam is properly configured (rpcbind is running and inetd is
told to manage fam), you should not experience the lock ups.  If I
recall correctly, they only happened if fam was not running.

As regards switching to gamin, be aware that it has its own set of problems.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84%gmail.com@localhost>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/