Re: GNOME screensaver hangs

Which OS version are you using?

There used to be a bug in NetBSD's libc which made that
programs sometimes got stuck with a signal mask of
"all blocked". Gnome apps hit this if "fam" is used rather
than "gamin", which is the case normally.
It was fixed in rev. 1.14 of lib/libc/rpc/clnt_vc.c,
on 2006/04/25 18:54:51.
The fix was pulled to the NetBSD-3 branch, but didn't make
it into a formal release yet.

I am using NetBSD 3.0. And yup, I am using "fam".

I guess the easiest workaround for this would be to switch to "gamin"
then instead of "fam"? How do I do that? (I got "fam" running coz the
DESCR file of GNOME had instructions on how to enable "fam". But I
don't know how to use "gamin". Would be nice if someone could point
out).

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--
        NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
        http://search.gmane.org/?query=&group=gmane.os.netbsd.* (archives)