Re: GNOME screensaver hangs

It is not that hard on a native system which is otherwise unchanged
and not in production use:
-apply the appended patch (there will be conflicts around the
 RCS ID strings which are harmless)

How do I "apply" the appended patch? I understand there must be some
command, and to that I must give ur patch and the original
"lib/libc/rpc/clnt_vc.c" file as arguments. What command?

 altertatively, "cvs update -j1.13 -j1.14 clnt_vc.c" should
 yield the same result

I suppose before that I'll have to give the repository name etc ...
what is that?

I can issue this command from anywhere right? Or do I have to change
directories to someplace?

-cd /usr/src/lib/libc
-make obj; make dependall
-This will take a while.
-make a backup copy of the old /lib/libc.so.12.x
-make install
-try some commands, just to test the new libc

Any usual commands would do? "ls" "mv" "nano" and so on?

-if everything looks fine, reboot
-if not: /rescue/mv /lib/<saved libc.so.12.x> /lib/<old name>

I should better recommend that you have a backup of your important
data...

Thanks a lot for the steps. :)

Rakhesh

--
        NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
        http://search.gmane.org/?query=&group=gmane.os.netbsd.* (archives)