Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 5.0_STABLE/x86_64 2009-07-24 10:40

On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 01:29:58AM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > As I said, the install rules in the package have to install to under
> > ${DESTDIR}. As there are hundred different ways to install files, this
> > requires modifications to packages. I know some people have
>
> But in this case I have no install rules in my package.  All the
> install rules come from the build system.

Yes, so either patch them to make sure they honour DESTDIR, override the
variables containing the pathes or use do-install. As I said earlier, as
it is overriding permissions of the bin directory, I would *not* keep
the existing rules without changing anyway. The rest is just a question
of preference.

> > > There's another question too.  How come no other bulk build has this
> > > problem with the same package?
> >
> > Because the default modus operandi is still USE_DESTDIR=no. Just like
> > some bulk builds are not even using PKG_DEVELOPER=yes.
>
> So are there any packages setting PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT to user-destdir
> that I can use as a guide?  Or should I just give up and set it to "no"
> like everyone else?

Various packages :) Sorry, I am too lazy to search for specific examples
without a more precise question.

Joerg