Re: netbsd crashes when using fat filesys

Yes it is a bug is solaris
And fsck_msdos will fix the problem

On Fri, 3 May 2024, Martin Husemann wrote:

On Fri, May 03, 2024 at 12:20:45PM +0200, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
still it would be nice to understand what changes Solaris was doing which
disturb NetBSD.

Yes (but it sounds like it is a bug Solaris).

I don't think NetBSD should crash...

Only if the file system passes a fsck_msdos(8). Which we don't know.
For random USB sticks we recommend the "-o rump" mount option.

Martin