Re: netbsd crashes when using fat filesys

On Thu 02 May 2024 at 11:41:13 +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Wed, May 01, 2024 at 05:08:04PM +0000, xuser wrote:
> > This is as much as a I can give you
> > It say some thing about invalid fats
> > i cant see much because the screen go blank
> > As for the core dump i don't have enough swap space
>
> Can you provdie an image of a filesystem that shows this bug?
> Maybe create a new empty one (on a usb stick?) and make it bad (however
> that is done), then dump the stick's content and only after that try if
> it triggers your crash. If it does, upload the image somewhere and send
> the URL.

I had something similar recently when doing a rename of a file on a FAT
file system (in this case my /efi file system). Fortunately I had it
mounted with -o rump, because it was 100% repeatable.

I filed http://gnats.netbsd.org/58146 for it.

> Martin
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            <rhialto/at/falu.nl>
\X/ There is no AI. There is just someone else's work.           --I. Rose