Re: NetBSD 10.0 RC_3 GENERIC amd64 home built kernel doesn't boot

fekete.zoltan%minux.hu@localhost (=?UTF-8?Q?Fekete_Zolt=C3=A1n?=) writes:

>Hi There,

Hi,

maybe you can provide more information.

>I have a laptop from 2013, and I'm playing around with it.
>I've just compiled a kernel with the command:

>./build.sh -T ../tools -O ../obj -U -N1 -j2 kernel=GENERIC

is that from netbsd-10 sources? Did you change the GENERIC
configuration?

>... boot device: wd0
>... root on wd0c dumps on wd0b
>... vfs_mountroot: can't open root device

wd0c wouldn't be a standard installation. Usually you write a disklabel
that uses wd0a as the root partition.

>... cannot mount root, error = 6

error 6 could mean that the wd0 disk doesn't exist or that partition
wd0c doesn't contain a valid filesystem or that you have a stripped
kernel that lacks the filesystem code.

>I've checked, and as expected, DKWEDGE options are set properly as
>mentioned in 'man dk(4)'.

What DKWEDGE options did you set?

>The system just boots fine with the kernel bundled in the installation
>image.

Then you could show your disk layout as seen by the bundled kernel,
also what that kernel prints for 'boot device' and 'root on' and
what filesystem you used.