NetBSD 10.0 RC_3 GENERIC amd64 home built kernel doesn't boot

Hi There,

I have a laptop from 2013, and I'm playing around with it.
I've just compiled a kernel with the command:

./build.sh -T ../tools -O ../obj -U -N1 -j2 kernel=GENERIC

Then copied to / and rebooted.

Unfortunately the boot stops with this error:

... boot device: wd0
... root on wd0c dumps on wd0b
... vfs_mountroot: can't open root device
... cannot mount root, error = 6
... root device (default wd0c):

Here, it is waiting for my input.

I've checked, and as expected, DKWEDGE options are set properly as mentioned in 'man dk(4)'.

The system just boots fine with the kernel bundled in the installation image.

Never experienced this before. Could somebody pls. help me out?

Thank you,
FeZ