Re: NetBSD-10.0RC

On 07/12/2023 16:58, tlaronde%kergis.com@localhost wrote:
On Thu, Dec 07, 2023 at 11:26:34AM -0500, Todd Gruhn wrote:
HMMMMMM , I solved prob? ...

tlarnde mentioned  change  --   chmod 640 card0  .
So I did this. It looks like many errors in /var/log/messages went away.

It is the reverse. For me, the problem was that the /dev/dri/card0 had 640 as
permissions. Should be 660...

I have 660 permissions as well and I've never knowingly changed it as I knew my problems were down to code changes rather than being a config problem as my DRI went from working on 9.x to broken on 10.0. Thankfully I've found a kernel patch that fixes my issued (and yes I have attached it to the bug report I raised for my failure :) )

Looking at /dev/MAKEDEV 660 is the correct permissions as thats what it would get created with.

Mike