Re: X on 10.0 RC1 is unusable on my laptop

On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 08:34:22PM +0000, Mike Pumford wrote:

> On 18/11/2023 11:34, tlaronde%kergis.com@localhost wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 18, 2023 at 11:14:12AM +0000, Mike Pumford wrote:
> > Yes, there has been a major refactoring in the Linux code regarding
> > headers for example. The whole Linux drm-kms is a (fast) moving
> > target...
> I found a better source for patch inspiration :). The FreeBSD drm_kmod
> repositories. I've had some success by looking at the 5.6 branch there which
> is a nice close match to what NetBSD 10 has.
>
> Found this change:
>
> https://github.com/freebsd/drm-kmod/commit/1e9cdf6cddb369f7f5ad14203c4bb487520369f7
>
> And translated it into the patch attached to this message. A kernel with
> this patch boots and runs X successfully Still see a little bit of cache
> tearing but its better than it was on 9.x (and there are some other patches
> I've found that might address those).
>
> So this fixes kern/57268 (which I raised). I'll send the patch to that later
> but I thought I'd share as I know a couple of you are also suffering with
> similar issues that this might fix

Smart move and great initiative! Please do send patches to
tech-kern%netbsd.org@localhost in order for the developers working with drmkms
to see them and, hopefully, apply them to the cvs sources.

Best,
--
        Thierry Laronde <tlaronde +AT+ kergis +dot+ com>
                     http://www.kergis.com/