Re: ssh and libsqlite.so

> I found that apropos and whatis from the modern mandoc no longer
> depend on libsqlite.so.
> Maybe it's time to switch to it and make the base image less dependent
> on third-party libraries?

Personally, since sqlite *did* incorporated into base, I started to
rely a bit on it.  So does our (base) postfix (check postconf -m).
Removing sqlite again would appear a bit willy/nilly to me.  That's
how the fads of the year are treated in Ubuntu but (hopefully) not
in NetBSD.

Moreover, Richard Hipp as its author is doing an awsome job keeping
sqlite itself trouble-free and DBs upgradable, too.  It is probably
the SQL db with the least overhead.  Is keeping it in base really a
big burden?

Note that I am not arguing against the latest and greatest
mandb (without sqlite as a requirement).

						Martin Neitzel