Re: sysupgrade issues - missing netbsd-ARU_MBOX_OWNER

Am 11.09.23 um 19:04 schrieb Martin Husemann:
On Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 06:54:36PM +0200, Ede Wolf wrote:
Hello,

not sure, wether this is the proper list, but I am having a cubietruck, that
hasn't seen much love lately, and while trying to fix this with an upgrade,
I am running into problems.
sysupgrade fails, because an image it requests does not ecist. And checking
the site, it really is not there. What am I missing?

The netbsd-* set is for the kernel. Since you have a cubietruck, you probably
want netbsd-GENERIC.gz instead. Why does sysupgrade think it needs
that strange name as a kernel set?
What is your uname -a output?

Martin

Good evening Martin,

thanks for your fast reply. Now, why sysupgrade needs that package, is most likely part of my question, but here is the output of uname:

rabenflug# uname -a
NetBSD rabenflug.nebelschwaden.de 9.0 NetBSD 9.0 (GENERIC) #0: Fri Feb 14 00:06:28 UTC 2020 mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/evbarm/compile/GENERIC evbarm

Maybe I should post the full output, as most sets already have been downloaded successfully:

# sysupgrade auto http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-9.3/evbarm-earmv7hf/ sysupgrade: I: Starting auto-update with stages: fetch modules kernel sets etcupdate postinstall clean
sysupgrade: W: Reusing existing /var/cache/sysupgrade/base.tgz
sysupgrade: W: Reusing existing /var/cache/sysupgrade/comp.tgz
sysupgrade: W: Reusing existing /var/cache/sysupgrade/etc.tgz
sysupgrade: W: Reusing existing /var/cache/sysupgrade/games.tgz
sysupgrade: W: Reusing existing /var/cache/sysupgrade/man.tgz
sysupgrade: W: Reusing existing /var/cache/sysupgrade/misc.tgz
sysupgrade: W: Reusing existing /var/cache/sysupgrade/modules.tgz
sysupgrade: W: Reusing existing /var/cache/sysupgrade/rescue.tgz
sysupgrade: W: Reusing existing /var/cache/sysupgrade/tests.tgz
sysupgrade: W: Reusing existing /var/cache/sysupgrade/text.tgz
sysupgrade: W: Reusing existing /var/cache/sysupgrade/xbase.tgz
sysupgrade: W: Reusing existing /var/cache/sysupgrade/xcomp.tgz
sysupgrade: W: Reusing existing /var/cache/sysupgrade/xetc.tgz
sysupgrade: W: Reusing existing /var/cache/sysupgrade/xfont.tgz
sysupgrade: W: Reusing existing /var/cache/sysupgrade/xserver.tgz
sysupgrade: I: Downloading http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-9.3/evbarm-earmv7hf//binary/kernel/netbsd-ARU_MBOX_OWNER into /var/cache/sysupgrade
Trying 146.75.121.6:80 ...
Requesting http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-9.3/evbarm-earmv7hf//binary/kernel/netbsd-ARU_MBOX_OWNER
ftp: Error retrieving file `404 Not Found'
sysupgrade: E: Failed to fetch http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-9.3/evbarm-earmv7hf//binary/kernel/netbsd-ARU_MBOX_OWNER
#

Ede