Re: segfault in libterminfo with ncurses with nethack

On Sun 03 Sep 2023 at 01:42:42 +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
> Wouldn't it be better to just delete the include of the termcap
> buildlink file entirely?   That is unless the application is
> actyally using termcap functionality directly itself.   If the
> only reason it is there is because the NetBSD curses requires it,
> surely the curses buildlink file should be adding it, when it is
> needed (and not otherwise).

Indeed, NetHack is using termcap directly for the original UI, which is
called "tty". It can be built with several of them compiled in at the
same time. There is even a Qt interface, but it's Qt 4 so I didn't
try very hard to get it linking (there were some multiple defined
symbols), but it's mostly available in the UI selection framework.

The current variant which I have committed reads (comments stripped)

USE_NCURSES=            yes
.include "../../mk/curses.buildlink3.mk"
.  if "${CURSES_TYPE}" != "ncurses"
.    include "../../mk/termcap.buildlink3.mk"
.  endif
[...]

I switched to USE_NCURSES because pkglint says not to set PREFER.curses
in the package.

Testing with the other curses can be done by defanging the line
"USE_NCURSES=yes". So far I haven't been able to create a smaller test
case.

> kre
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            <rhialto/at/falu.nl>
\X/ There is no AI. There is just someone else's work.           --I. Rose