Re: Samba, ZFS and xattr

On 8/14/23 22:14, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
supermicro# zfs set xattr=on pool0/backup/timemachine
property 'xattr' not supported on NetBSD: permission denied

If I'm not mistaken, this should be the step to set xattr?

According to Oracle's documentation, yes; it should be on by default.
On NetBSD (-current from yesterday) I get the same as above.

To my understanding, NetBSD's zfs is not the latest and greatest.

I am in the same boat - we have Time Machine backups to a FreeBSD Samba zfs server at work, and I failed to reproduce the setup at home on NetBSD 10 because of the missing xattr support.

Cheerio,
Hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344