Re: What is the current Wireguard situation?

On Wed, 5 Jul 2023 at 16:44, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jul 2023 at 16:36, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> > > In -10 and -current it is. I am using it on several machines (mostly with
> > > windows peers).
> >
> > But you have to add 'pseudo-device wg' to you kernel configuration -
> > it is not on by default:
> >
> > # uname -a
> > NetBSD ymir.lorien.lan 10.99.4 NetBSD 10.99.4 (GENERIC) #6: Wed Jul  5
> > 12:53:40 BST 2023
> > sysbuild%ymir.lorien.lan@localhost:/dumps/sysbuild/amd64/obj/home/sysbuild/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC
> > amd64
> > # ifconfig -C
> > vether bridge ipsec carp lagg agr pppoe vlan tun tap sl stf ppp lo
> > l2tp gre gif npflog
> > # grep wg /usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/conf/*
> > /usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/conf/ALL:pseudo-device  wg
> >  # VPN tunnel compatible with WireGuard
>
> I see it is also a module; retracting the above. Just 'modload if_wg' .

however, on aarch64:
..
# uname -a
NetBSD narvi 10.99.4 NetBSD 10.99.4 (GENERIC64) #1: Sun Jun 18
02:48:45 BST 2023
sysbuild%ymir.lorien.lan@localhost:/dumps/sysbuild/evbarm64/obj/home/sysbuild/src/sys/arch/evbarm/compile/GENERIC64
evbarm
# ifconfig -C
ipsec vether bridge carp pppoe vlan tun tap ppp lo gre gif npflog
# ls  /stand/evbarm/10.99.4/modules/if_wg
if_wg.kmod
# modload if_wg
modload: if_wg: Operation not permitted

--