Re: Contribute/Volunteer

On Sun, May 28, 2023 at 09:23:23AM -0700, TimH wrote:

> 	First of all, I suggest you start by scratching your own
> itch...  You may find that people are willing to help you do that.  The
> first project you start on will probably be a very interesting rabbit
> hole.  Even if it only helps you learn how to help, that's helpful.

Yes, this is the best way to get noticed.  Have a look in the PR
database and see if there are things that you can fix, create patches
and submit them on the PR.  Or, as Tim says, find something you want
added, perhaps a wifi driver, trackpad or some other device that is
missing a driver, make it work and submit a PR with the code.  Also
interact on the mailing lists helping out and asking questions about
what you are trying to do.

Consistent, quality contributors get noticed and is the surest path to
becoming a developer proper.

--
Brett Lymn
--