Re: Support for Intel HM470 chipset, Intel Integrated UHD 605 graphics?

On Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 08:02:42PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> I am thinking of buying a laptop with above mentioned chipset and
> graphics processor. Detailed spec[1].
>
> Wonder if these are supported in NetBSD 9.3, if not are they likely to be
> in NetBSD 10.
>
> --
> Mayuresh
>
> [1] https://www.prixbazaar.com/asus-pentium-quad-core-4-gb-1-tb-hdd-windows-10-home-x543magq1020t-laptop15.6-inch-transparent-silver-1.9-kg-price-lap1611

This looks like Gemini Lake. GPU acceleration in 9 is up to
Kaby Lake, thus it will not have accelerated graphics when
running 9.3. Will work in CURRRENT.

This laptop looks really bad. In particular the amount of
RAM will make using web browsers painful. I strongly recommend
getting an older laptop with more memory.