Re: ratfor and f2C

On 22/11/2022 23:05, David Brownlee wrote:
On Sun, 20 Nov 2022 at 12:36, nierveze <nierveze%radio-astronomie.com@localhost> wrote:
hello everyone,I'd like to install ratfor (I am now reading 'software
tools') and f2c on my very very old

(by today's standards) toshiba satellite 220 with netbsd 1.3.2,I did not
find them on the accompanying cd.

   (the pc and that version of netbsd both date 1998) .Where can I find
compatible sources?
You should most likely be able to compile one of the versions in
https://github.com/arnoldrobbins/ratfor - it has both the original
version and a branch updated for modern systems. NetBSD 1.3.2 likely
coming somewhere in the middle :)

There is also ratfor77 which is included in pkgsrc
https://pkgsrc.se/devel/ratfor but you would need a newer version of
NetBSD for that :-P

David

hello thanks for the informations,I finally found  ratfor and f2c,put them on a cd rom,but I got errors

on make,no importance,when I know make more ,maybe I'll be able to compile.

both programs exist and work in linux,but I wanted to use in in netbsd.

best regards ,thanks

a.nierveze