Re: Used HDs

Aaron B. wrote in
 <20221111215247.7526ed9a6e53fc72890d1281%zadzmo.org@localhost>:
 |I always thought of spinning-rust drives like cars: they don't last an
 |amount of time, they wear with use. Like cars lifespan has increased
 |over the years.[.]

I do not follow this statement, at all.

You maybe mean American cars still hand-built in Detroit by the
poor who came in still drunk from the weekend, or already longing
for the weekend, where Wednesday cars were reserved for those with
connections (and/or bribe).  (Compare Arthur Hailey, "Wheels".)

Otherwise except for rust (unless it was avoided already fourty
and more years ago): no.

--steffen