Re: Used HDs

Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Western Digital WD2500AAJS 250 GB Caviar Blue Hard Drive
>
> It was used, and made in 2010. How long do these drives work?
>
> SCSI drives only lasted for about 5yr to 7ys -- but that was 20yr ago...

Depending on who made the drive, I have run SATA drives for 15+ years
nearly 24x7.  As someone else mentioned, run a complete SMART test on it
and see what it says.  I have also purchased used drives, mostly
enterprise pulls from stuff like decomm'ed Netapp appliances, and have
had very few problems with them if the drive is from a good quality
line.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org