Re: No dkim signature attached when using mutt

On Mon, Oct 31, 2022 at 12:54:52PM -0400, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:
> > So, in short, if I don't own the alias domain, I can't sign dkim?
>
> Correct - that is the point of DKIM.

I have noticed some mail servers (of a bank in a recent incidence , seems
Microsoft based from the log messages) that do not deliver the mail to the
recipient and do not have the courtesy to bounce it back either.

I simply have no way to interact with this domain over email if they are
blocking me for dkim, as long as I am using aliased domain.

And if this spreads, alias domain will be a thing of the past...? (I have
been using my email alias for more than 20 years now. Replacing it will be
a painful feeling!.)

--
Mayuresh