Re: Search engine for mail-index?

On Sat, 15 Oct 2022, Paul Ripke wrote:
Odd question, but what do people use to search the mail-index.netbsd.org
archives? I went looking for a specific email that I knew existed, and

I always delete mails if they are archive elsewhere and save the
ones I have some interest just for a while, so I don't use local
management tools. The problem with common search engines is that
they found what they have found already before (or what others have
found before, specially google and bing). BSD's lists (and others)
are archived in marc.info, mail-archive.com, &c. When you make a
search, the search is done on an archive of the mailing list, not
in a humongous database created by web crawlers and who knows what
nowdays, so the results are pretty good. I prefer marc, give it a
try.

adr.