Re: Cannot boot, was: Re: Can't install NetBSD to ffs2 partition, no errors

On Thu, Oct 06, 2022 at 05:04:42PM +0100, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> Bad news. The installer didn't ask me if and where I wanted to install
> the bootloader and now I can't boot into NetBSD.

If you have multiple installations on your Efi System Partition you may
need to select the one to boot manually from your UEFI boot menu.

Typical setup is one OS per disk, which makes it easier (e.g. I dual
boot one of my machines that way by pressing F11 early and then selecting
the NetBSD disk or the Windows disk).

But most UEFI offer a way to select a specific file from the ESP,
just pick bootx64.efi for the NetBSD bootloader (sysinst should
have put it in the \EFI\BOOT directory of the ESP).

Martin